All New Susan Werner songs that celebrate the language, livelihood, characters and concerns of American Farmers.
Susan’s newest project contains twelve songs on the subject matter of farming, rural America, locavores, food safety, and the comic potential of herbicides. Werner grew up on a family farm in eastern Iowa, where her paretns still farm—and in “Hayseed”, she returns to the language and characters she knows best. She will tour with two sidemen and an array of farm props. The CD is slated for release Spring 2013
“Pay attention. Werner might just be the most original folk voice to emerge from the Plains since that Zimmerman kid. And funny, too.“ Newsday, March 8 2013
Download Susan’s bio HERE
The charity partners for this project are:
- 1) Practical Farmers of Iowa, Ames, IA
- 2) Midwest Organic and Sustainability Education Service (M.O.S.E.S.), Spring Valley, WI, and
- 3) The Land Institute, Salina, KS
These organizations are working to:
- 1) Preserve and strengthen family size farms in my home state of Iowa
- 2) Foster organic agriculture across the Midwest, across the U.S. and around the world
- 3) Develop new perennial and sustainable crops for the climate and conditions of the future. Pledge Music will be setting aside 10% of all proceeds from this campaign for these organizations, right from dollar one.
Gold Mountain Entertainment
Road Manager: Jane Paul
High Resolution Photos
This project funded in part by: